VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guideline for Assessment And Management Of
Patients At Risk For Suicide
By the VA/DOD Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense
A continuing education course for 10 ces
consisting of reading and taking a post-test on:
VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guideline For Assessment And Management Of Patients At Risk For Suicide
APA - www.psychceu.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. www.psychceu.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
maintains responsibility for the program.
After this class, the clinician will be able to:
1. List factors to assess and determine the Risk for Suicide, including suicidal ideation, plans, intent and behavior, the availability of lethal means, and the presence of risk factors and warning signs.
2. List criteria for when to hospitalize a person at risk for suicide.
3. Create a safety plan which includes inquiring about access to lethal means and planning, and if possible, to restrict access to these means.
4. List criteria for when the person at risk should be placed in the appropriate setting of care that provides the necessary supervision to ensure safety.
5. Design a hierarchy of care for persons with suicide risk from the least to the most restrictive setting.
6. List treatments that specifically address the suicidality and management of the underlying condition.
7. List evidence-based management of the underlying and co-occurring mental disorder (e.g., MDD, BD, PTSD, BPD, SUD) for a patient that is at higher risk for suicide should be optimized to reduce the risk of suicide.
8. Create a plan for closely following and frequently monitoring persons with suicidal risk.
Due to the wonders of technology, the minute you submit your order over our secure line, it is encrypted, and processed safely and securely by Authorize.net, a secure web processor. Or, if you prefer, call us toll-free 888-777-3773.
You will immediately receive confirmation of your order, your password and how to access the course material. (Please do not block e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you ordered an online course, you can begin to take the course immediately.
You will receive instructions, via e-mail, on how to take your test online.
Contact us or call if you need technical support.
Your test will be graded online, so the moment you have passed, you may print out your certificate of completion.
That's it! You are done!
to the American Psychological Association's
Ethical Principles of Psychologists. Our courses
are carefully screened by our Planning Committee to adhere to
APA standards. We also require authors who compose Internet courses
specifically for us to follow APA ethical standards.
All material included in this course is either in the public domain, or used with express permission.
Cost of the 10 CE course is $120, which includes the ebook
To read the material, without any post-test or credits go to:VADODCP_SuicideRisk_Full.pdf