A Provider's Introduction to Substance Abuse Treatment for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Individuals
A continuing education course for 7 ces
of reading and taking a post-test on:
The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is pleased to present A Provider's Introduction to Substance Abuse Treatment for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Individuals.
1. Recognize various perspectives on LGBT culture and how cross-cultural issues affect substance abuse
2. Recognize the legal barriers facing LGBT individuals,
3. Identify the the level of care and treatment options that tend to work best for LGBT clients, and how programs can be made more accessible for these populations.
4. Identify how life experiences and heterosexism may shape substance abuse among the LGBT population.
5. Evaluate the potential interaction among substance abuse, recovery issues, and the coming out process.
6. Explore how family histories and personal relationships may affect substance abuse issues and the treatment process.
7. Identify specific issues relevant to lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender individuals, and LGBT youth, and explore health issues that face these clients
8. Explore competency issues for counselors dealing with the LGBT population including countertransference.
CA BBS - California Board of Behavioral Science accepts our CE Provider Approvals through APA, NASW, and NBCC. Course meets the qualifications for hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Science
maintains responsibility for the program.
Due to the wonders of technology, the minute you submit your order over our secure line, it is encrypted, and processed safely and securely by Authorize.net, a secure web processor. Or, if you prefer, call us toll-free 888-777-3773.
You will immediately receive confirmation of your order, your password and how to access the course material. (Please do not block e-mails from email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
If you ordered an online course, you can begin to take the course immediately.
You will receive instructions, via e-mail, on how to take your test online.
Contact us or call if you need technical support.
Your test will be graded online, so the moment you have passed, you may print out your certificate of completion.
That's it! You are done!
Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPs)
Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPs) are developed by the Center for Substance Abuse
We do adhere to the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists. Our courses are carefully screened by the Planning Committee to adhere to APA standards. We also require authors who compose Internet courses specifically for us follow APA ethical standards.
Many of our courses contain case material, and may use the methods of qualitative research and analysis, in-depth interviews and ethnographic studies. The psychotherapeutic techniques depicted may include play therapy, sandplay therapy, dream analysis, drawing analysis, client and therapist self-report, etc. The materials presented may be considered non-traditional and may be controversial, and may not have widespread endorsement within the profession. www.psychceu.com maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
All material included in this course is either in the public domain, or used with express permission.
Cost of the 7 unit course is $88