Do you have a great idea for an online course for www.psychceu.com?
You would be joining a faculty of distinguished clinicians who are dedicated to creating a vibrant and viable alternative to traditional continuing education. We pay our faculty a percentage of each course sold.
Www.psychceu.com received over 12 million visitors last year, and we are one of the most successful and professional continuing education websites. We've been teaching since 1982, and were the first major company to offer online education, starting in California in 1998. We advertise nationally in Journals and newsletters and on the Internet. A major benefit to having your material appear on our site is the publicity; with over 700,000 hits per month, many of our authors receive client referrals and offers to write chapters and further articles by virtue of being on the www.psychceu.com website. We require students to certify that they they have taken the course, which we keep on file for four years. Our tests are graded online, so immediate feedback is given to students. Our refund policy is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
We are looking for
licensed clinicians who are 'content experts' to write online continuing education
courses, suitable for licensed psychologists, therapists, and nurses. We
also are searching for a test creator/evaluator to assist us in post-test
we are looking for at this time include:
Ethics, group supervision, aging, HIV, medical errors, child abuse, sex abuse, human sexuality, psychological testing, assessment, evidence based treatments.
Please visit the site if you have not yet done so to see what courses we already offer.
www.psychceu.com is approved by the:
American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists
- www.psychceu.com maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
The Association for Play Therapy (#02-117)
Board of Registered Nursing (#13620)
California Board of Behavioral Science (#PCE 1540)
Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (BAP #753)
International Society for Sandplay Therapy & Sandplay Therapists of America
NAADAC - The Association for Addiction Professionals (#575)
National Association of Social Workers (#886382116)
National Board for Certified Counselors (#6055)
Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family CPE (#RCST090402)
The Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors (#52526)
The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners (#CS3473)
We are looking for courses that are:
to psychological practice, education, and science, and that the content,
level and research references offered in each course are suitable
for continuing education for post-doctoral level psychologists.
• that the learning objectives are met
• that the content is of sufficient difficulty and complexity to address the needs of the post-doctoral psychologist
• that the author has expertise in the field in which he or she is writing
• that the post-test is of sufficient length, and accurately tests the students comprehension of the course material
• that the evaluation renders a fair and objective assessment of the course content, learning objectives, and post-test
• that the number of units offered accurately represents the number of hours of study necessary to complete the course
• that the courses include content related to well-established psychological principles, or are based on content that extends current theory, method, or practice, or that program content has obtained credibility, as demonstrated by the involvement of the broader psychological practice, education, and science communities in studying or applying the findings, procedures, practices, or theoretical concepts;
• that program content has been studied according to established procedures of scientific scrutiny that can be reasonably relied upon;
• that program content has peer reviewed, published support beyond those publications and other types of communications devoted primarily to the promotion of the approach;
• that the program includes statements that describe the accuracy and utility of the materials presented, the basis of such statements, the limitations of the content being taught, and the severe and the most common risks.
• that potential conflict of interest (e.g., commercial support interest for sponsors, instructors, content of instruction, or any other relationship that could reasonably be construed as a conflict of interest) are disclosed.
When we offer books as courses, the guidelines we use are to choose books by experts in the field, or by those who have years of clinical expertise in the topic upon which they are writing. We contract with experts whenever possible; Jungian courses are written by Jungian analysts, sandplay therapy courses by teaching members of the International Society of Sandplay Therapists, play therapy classes by Registered Play Therapist- Supervisors, etc.
www.psychceu.com is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists. www.psychceu.com will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants.
All faculty agree to abide by the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists.
Step one: Please send an e-mail with your idea for a course and your credentials. The program committee determines the number of units the course will be, depending upon the author's credentials, the difficulty of the material, and the length of the course (at least 4000 words/unit)
Step two: If the interest is mutual in offering a course at www.psychceu.com, we would need:
2. a short bio of you, including a scanned photo
3. your CV for our files
4. a short write-up of the material in the course
5. a few learning objectives (measurable, quantifiable) and
6. a post-test of approximately 7 - 10 objective (multiple choice or T/F) questions per unit. We can send you a sample post-test if that would help.
We can help you with ALL of these items.
We are a Green Earth Company; all material must be sent electronically.
Step three: The Program Planning Committee evaluates each course to see if it meets our requirements. If we accept your course, we will pay a percentage of each course sold.
Amatruda, LMFT, CST-T, BCETS
P.O. Box 2015
Sausalito CA 94966
© 2000 - 2010 www.psychceu.com all rights reserved.